Commercial garage liability insurance is a type of insurance coverage designed to protect businesses that work with automobiles or operate parking garages from liability claims related to accidents or injuries that occur on their premises. This coverage is essential for businesses that handle cars or trucks, as it helps protect them financially from costly legal fees, medical expenses, property damage, and other expenses that may arise from liability claims. Read on to learn more about how commercial garage liability insurance works, what it covers, and why it’s important for businesses in the automotive industry to have this type of protection in place.
What is garage liability insurance?
Garage liability insurance is a type of insurance that protects you from legal and financial damages if your business or property causes injury to someone else. It covers claims made against you by third parties who have been injured on your premises, or whose property has been damaged by an act committed by one of your employees.
Garage liability insurance can be broken down into three categories: commercial general liability (CGL), product liability, and employment practices liability (EPL). CGL covers bodily injury and property damage caused by an incident at work, as well as any legal defense costs associated with those claims. Product liability protects against losses resulting from defective products sold by the insured company; these include medical devices like pacemakers or prosthetic limbs but also things like food poisoning lawsuits if it turns out that your restaurant served tainted food that led to illness in customers’ systems–for example! And finally, EPL protects companies from sexual harassment lawsuits brought against them due to inappropriate behavior exhibited by their employees towards other people working there or visiting clients at home offices, etc., such as unwanted advances towards female coworkers who may feel uncomfortable sharing workspace with someone who makes them feel unsafe around him/herself because they don’t want anything inappropriate happening between them while they are trying hard not only survive each day working together but also keep up appearances so no one finds out how bad things are inside those four walls where everyone knows what goes down behind closed doors.”
Why you should have garage liability insurance.
Garage liability insurance is a type of business insurance that protects you from lawsuits and other claims that could come from your business. It covers the following:
- Property damage. If someone were to slip on oil in your parking lot, for example, and break their leg, garage liability insurance would help pay for medical expenses or any other costs associated with their injury.
- Personal injury claims. If someone was hurt at work due to unsafe conditions or poor training on behalf of your company (or one of its employees), then this kind of coverage will help cover those costs as well.
- Vehicle damage claims made against garages include collisions between vehicles parked within the premises; vandalism; theft; fire damage caused by careless use; flood damage caused by careless maintenance procedures; storm damage caused by careless maintenance procedures etc..
Additional coverages can be added to your policy, including: Medical payments coverage. This pays for medical expenses when you’re injured on the job. It also covers dependents who are injured while riding in a company vehicle or at work-related activities. Liability coverage. This protects you from lawsuits if someone is injured on your property and decides to sue for compensation of their injuries or losses. Property damage liability coverage is optional but highly recommended as it will help pay for any damages that occur due to negligence on your part (such as an employee damaging a customer’s car).
How to get a quote for garage liability insurance.
Now that you know what garage liability insurance is and why it’s important, let’s talk about how to get a quote.
- Get a quote from your local insurance agent. Your local insurance agent can help you find the best company for your needs, as well as make sure that the policy covers everything that should be covered in the event of an accident at home or on public property (such as city streets).
- Get a quote from a broker. Brokers work with multiple insurers and will be able to give you competitive pricing for their products. They may also offer additional services such as risk management advice or loss control services if needed–but keep in mind that these come at extra cost!
Garage liability insurance is designed to protect you if someone is injured while on your property. If a customer slips and falls in your parking lot, for example, then this type of coverage will help pay for medical expenses or any other costs associated with their injury. Garage liability insurance also covers personal injury claims made against garages include collisions between vehicles parked within the premises; vandalism; theft; fire damage caused by careless use; flood damage caused by careless maintenance procedures; storm damage caused by careless maintenance procedures etc..
Garage liability insurance is a great way to protect yourself in case something happens at your home or business. If you have any questions about this type of coverage, contact us today!
Get a quote from an online broker. These companies will give you a variety of options, but since they don’t have any local agents on staff, they may not be able to offer as much personal service as an agent who is working in your area.