Collision Center Insurance has all of the same coverage’s as a general repair shop insurance policy. However Body Shops also have some additional Collision center insurance specific coverage’s. The addition of specific body shop equipment and repair techniques cause insurance companies to rate body shops slightly different than a general auto repair shop.
This type of policy for Body shops (otherwise known as collision center insurance) is a Garage Policy. There are many different coverages included in the garage policy. All insurance carriers handle the coverages on a garage policy differently. The important concepts to understand in a garage policy for non – dealers are garage keepers , non owned auto coverage, auto liability, equipment and tools coverage.
General liability coverage protects you against claims for damages to others resulting from your business operations.
- Liability limits of $1 million per occurrence / $2 million aggregate are standard for Garage Liability.
- Garage Keepers liability is the coverage that protects your customers cars while you are in possession of them
- Bodily injury and property damage liability.
- Medical payments up to $10,000
- Damage to premises rented to you can be included up to $300,000
- Limited Worldwide coverage
- Personal and Advertising injury coverage
- Premises liability
- Products/Completed Operations liability
- Property coverage can include coverage for your Building, Tools owned by you or your employees, Shop Equipment, Office Furniture, and computers
At Multi State Commercial Insurance Agency, we know insurance. Our agents can design a collision center or body shop insurance strategy to meet all your business insurance needs. Request a quote or call us today!