General Auto Repair Shop Insurance is a Garage Liability policy. Generally the types of repair shops that fall into this category perform lite repairs. These repairs can include oil and filter changes, Alternators, Starters, Water Pumps, Timing Belts, OBD Diagnosis but are not limited to.
There are many different coverages included in the garage policy. All insurance carriers handle the coverages on a garage policy differently. The important concepts to understand in a garage policy for non – dealers are garage keepers , non owned auto coverage, auto liability, equipment and tools coverage
General liability coverage protects you against claims for damages to others resulting from your business operations.
- Liability limits of $1 million per occurrence / $2 million aggregate are standard for Garage Liability.
- Garage Keepers liability is the coverage that protects your customers cars while you are in possession of them
- Bodily injury and property damage liability.
- Medical payments up to $10,000
- Damage to premises rented to you can be included up to $300,000
- Limited Worldwide coverage
- Personal and Advertising injury coverage
- Premises liability
- Products/Completed Operations liability
- Property coverage can include coverage for your Building, Tools owned by you or your employees, Shop Equipment, Office Furniture, and computers
At Multi State Commercial Insurance Agency, we know insurance. Our agents can design an auto repair shop insurance strategy to meet all your business insurance needs. Request a quote or call us today!